Tom Loftus reports that more than $90,000 was given to Ernie Fletcher for his legal defense fund. Fletcher filed his report two days early (today) with the Executive Branch Ethics Commission.
Fletcher received 11 donations in 2007:
- James or Linda Booth, Lovely, $12,000
- J. Chester Porter, Mount Washington, $10,000
- Stan Cave, Lexington, Fletcher’s chief of staff, $3,500
- Mira Ball, Lexington, home builder, $12,000
- Don Ball, Lexington, home builder, $12,000
- Brian Nolan, Lexington, $250
- Robbie and Lisa Rudolph, (Fletcher’s cabinet secretary and running mate), Kirksey, $24,000
- Ward Correll, Somerset, $6,000
- Jess Correll, Stanford, $6,000
- Eugene Goss, Harlan attorney, $1,000
- Stan Chesley, Cincinnati attorney, $5,000
On a somewhat related note, gambling/racing ponied up for the Beshear-Mongiardo inaugural festivities to the tune of $90,000.