Oh, look, the Mayor for Life just held a fancy press conference where he said all kinds of fancy things:
- He won’t raise taxes or fees and won’t dip into the city’s reserve. Because he just cold wants you to starve to death.
- No cuts that focus on social service agencies
- Lieberries closed on Sunday, all children and old people who show up will be sold to raise revenues
- Expanding the number of furlough days to four days closed, which saves eleventy billion dollars over the next six months. New day is Friday April 3rd. It’s during spring break.
- Delaying $3.6million worth of capital projects – purchasing signs, building parking lots, adding golf course nets – major guideline used: if no contract let, no construction started? Delaying to save money.
- Fire Department will save $900K in overtime by redeploying firefighters and closing the house at 6th & York. Closing it immediately.
- Will save $1.4million by switching from 10-hour days at EMS to 12-hour days.
- Folks who have take-home cars will be charged more. $100/month, up from $30. $160/month if you use it for second jobs.
- Also, you are all going to die of the poverty and the starvation. I.E., we stopped paying attention once the fire chief took the podium.
Rick will probably have more on this later.