And I’ve got an hilarious gift for you today, dear reader.
Over the last several days I’ve been able to interview several staffers of Daniel Mongiardo’s U.S. Senate campaign and have also spoken with a few people close to the Lt. Governor. The verdict? His campaign is a serious flustercuck. It’s in a complete and total downward spiral. His donors are jumping ship left and right. His second quarter haul was inflated. His real cash on hand is thousands upon thousands of dollars lower than reported. And there’s not a soul in Washington who isn’t pressing Lt. Dan to jump ship.
We could hash that out for days, but I’m sure you only want to hear the juicy parts. Got my hands on a copy of the Mongiardo campaign’s budget. Authored by none other than “Kim” on June 19th.
So let’s dig in.
From what we’ve been able to discern, he’s only hoping to raise $650,000 in the third quarter (he’ll raise like $250K, ha). No one in their right mind believes he can pull that kind of cash based on his second quarter performance. But it’s still a mighty low number. And throughout May 2010, they’re only planning to raise $2,355,000. And even if they could raise that? There’s a planned $135,960 shortfall. See for yourself:
That’s all fine and dandy. Because there’s some really absurd crap going down in Mongiardo land. For instance, they’re paying Geveden $5,000/mo until February when the campaign plans to hire a manager at $11K/mo.Let’s talk salaries of the rest of the staff:
- Dick Prelopski, Field Director – $5k/mo
- Floyd S (Seals?), Deputy Field Director – $$3k/mo
- Western Kentucky Field (Months of Feb-May) – $2,500/mo
- Louisville Field (Lisa?) – $2K/mo – So the big city is obviously important to them, despite protestations from Kim Geveden and a few Mongiardo supporters.
- Nothing for field in Eastern Kentucky
- Jeremiah, Communications – $1,600/mo
- Kara Ratliff, Call Time Manager/Scheduler – $2K/mo
- Christina Gilgore, Finance Director – $5K/mo
- Jared Smith, Eastern Kentucky finance – $2,500/mo
- Lauren Biggs, Central Kentucky finance – $2,500/mo
- Eric (?), Northern Kentucky finance – $3K/mo
- Andrew (?) – $1,600/mo
- Joey Couch – $3,500/mo
Want the rest of the Mongiardo juicy, juicy? Check it out after the jump…