Thought it’d be a good idea to share a comment left on a story about Adam Edelen’s review of Fairview Independent Schools:
“Eyes rolling back in your head?
Meanwhile, in Montgomery County…”
Yeah, as a matter of fact they are. The similarities to Montgomery County are shocking, aren’t they?
Phil Rison submits $342,000 in “booster spending” for ONE YEAR on NONEXISTENT FACILITIES that the board knew nothing about. And the documentation shows that there hadn’t been any booster spending on facilities for the three previous years. The documentation also proves that boosters did NOT raise anywhere NEAR $342,000. The documentation acquired by Page One proves that report to be FRAUDULENT…….
Where is Edelen?!
Proof of Conspiracy To Commit Fraud is the term EDELEN’S OWN PEOPLE used to describe text messages between Kristi Carter, daycare director, and Mary Smith, her secretary. This is in itself something that could be prosecuted. ACCORDING TO EDELEN’S OWN PEOPLE. Not to mention an independent school auditor and CPA who was shown the messages. Those messages were the sort of things that would seem to make a state auditor really dig in, being as it was they were directly handed to them. But, nope.
Edelen turned a blind eye, made excuses, whatever. This is the tip of the iceberg. On a positive note, he did nail Powell for hiring his wife. Now he should go after the Powell’s for the illegally paid salary.
Yes, it’s more than enough to make one’s eyes roll back in their head. Practically with an audible “snap”.
Some of the stories referenced in that comment:
- Edelen Ignoring Messes In Montgomery Co., Too? [October 23, 2013]
- More Montgomery County Teasers For Edelen [October 25, 2013]
- Auditor: Joshua Powell Illegally Hired His Wife [December 17, 2013]
- Investigation Uncovers Massive Spending Scandal In Montgomery Co Schools Involving Phil Rison, Others [May 11, 2015]
- Montgomery County Funds STILL Unreported In Title IX Documentation [June 1, 2015]
- Eyebrow-Raising MoCo Title IX Data [June 2, 2015]
- Records Don’t Support Montgomery County Schools’ Title IX Booster Spending For Facilities Claims [June 15, 2015]
- On Bookkeeping & Secrecy In MoCo [June 30, 2015]
Nothing to see here, move along, attack the messenger, scream defamation, act as if there’s no reason for concern…