Remember when Commissioner of Education Terry Holliday pleaded ignorance of anything going on with fired former Montgomery County Schools superintendent Joshua Powell?
Click here to review the deposition and related shenanigans if your memory is fuzzy.
Turns out there’s a paper trail that suggests Holliday knew more than he claimed. Check out this email from Holliday’s right-hand to an individual who went to him regarding the Powell mess. His name is Jim Dusso.
From: “Smith, Jody – Office of the Commissioner of Education”
Date: January 23, 2014 4:13:48 PM
Subject: Meeting request
Hi Jim. I talked with Dr. Holliday and due to his schedule and the nature of your call, he would like for you to initially meet/talk with staff attorney Dave Wickersham. Our Associate Commissioner of Legal Services, Kevin Brown, may also be in attendance. You will find Mr. Wickersham to be kind and courteous, and most importantly, very knowledgeable and professional.
Shall I have David contact you? Or you may email him to set up a time to meet. His office is on the 1st floor of the Capital Plaza Tower, 500 Mero Street, Frankfort.
Phone 502-564-4474, ext. 4833
If I can further help facilitate this meeting, let me know.
Office of the Commissioner
Ky. Dept. of Education
502-564-3141 ext. 4806
- Montgomery Co. Has Yet Another Big Problem [March 3, 2014]
- In Wake Of The Latest Montgomery Co. Scandal… [March 4, 2014]
- Montgomery Co Supe Goes On Fishing Expedition [April 29, 2014]
- Montgomery Co. High School Principal Reinstated But The Wildfire Of Corruption Rages On [May 30, 2014]
- Sources Confirm Additional Powell Investigations [June 3, 2014]
- Could Josh Powell’s Principal Hiring Be Illegal? [June 11, 2014]
- Newspaper Misinforms Montgomery County Again [June 12, 2014]
- More Retaliation Claims Surface In Montgomery Co. [June 25, 2014]
- Scheme Unravels: Joshua Powell Gets Sued [July 31, 2014]
- Illegally Hired Union Principal’s A Powell Favorite [August 25, 2014]
- Proof Powell Used Intimidation Tactics With Dusso [August 25, 2014]
- Some Montgomery County Schools Friday Tidbits [September 12, 2014]
- Why Joshua Powell Hauled Butt To Bowling Green [September 18, 2014]
- Joshua Powell’s EPSB Hearing Begins Today [January 12, 2015]
- Career Suicide: Joshua Powell’s Threatening Letter [January 27, 2015]
- Embattled Superintendent Goes Off The Deep End [January 29, 2015]
- Joshua Powell Attempted To Go After EPSB, Furthering Perception Of His Own Retaliatory Behavior [April 23, 2015]
Dusso requested a meeting to discuss Powell’s directive for him (Dusso) to alter an employee’s evaluation.
Holliday’s secretary discussed it with him. Holliday knew darn well what was going on.