Montgomery County Schools can’t afford text books… or even school lunch:
But superintendent Joshua Powell is still spending money like there’s no tomorrow.
Get a load of some of his spending from the latest school board meeting packet (Warning: Huge External PDF):
- Nearly $1,700 to the Montgomery County Sheriff — the guy who chose not to serve an EPO against Powell and who hasn’t been serving lawsuits in a timely manner
- $25,000 to the Montgomery County Board of Education — because they have to move money around in order to obscure spending
- Nearly $600 for the Herald-Leader
- $81.61 to Powell as a reimbursement
- $443 to Phil Rison
- More than $200,000 to The Walker Company
And the current school board didn’t bat an eyelash.
This is why Montgomery County can’t have nice things.