Wondering about the types of pension reform legislation you will probably never see in Kentucky?
Here you go:
- A bill requiring all pension benefits to be disclosed like public salaries
- A bill allowing CERS to operate independently from Kentucky Retirement Systems
- A bill requiring any expenditure over $25,000 per year at retirement systems to use an RFP
- A bill banning placement agents in retirement systems
- A bill requiring investment experts at KRS and KTRS to list their qualifications and sign documentation stating that they are an investment expert
- A bill banning lobbyists as KRS board members
- A bill requiring full fee disclosure of investments
That’s just scratching the surface.