A few things stick out as big deals to us this morning:
- Todd P’Pool only won 45 out of 120 counties
- David Williams won 28 counties
- Bill Johnson won 31 counties
- John Kemper won 43 counties
- K.C. Crosbie won 57 counties
- Bob Farmer won only 9 counties
Take a look at the Comer-Farmer map:
That’s Muhlenberg, Powell, Menifee, Wolfe, Elliott, Lawrence, Carter, Boyd and Greenup Counties for Farmer.
- Jamie Comer (92,933) beat Bob Farmer (65,372) in Louisville by 27,561 votes
- Voter turnout was abysmal. Though, 58% of people voted in Casey County and 40% in Woodford.
- Alison Lundergan Grimes received 30,176 more votes than Steve Beshear and Jamie Comer received 56,073 more votes than Beshear
- Todd Hollenbach (393,783) barely beat K.C. Crosbie (377,216) with 16,567 votes
Our minds are still blown by the massive Farmer loss. Absolutely massive. Everybody knew he was a terrible candidate but wow. Who could have predicted such a massive statewide loss? No one – not even Jamie Comer.