Earlier this week we bemoaned a $10,000 raise for the Covington Superintendent of Schools – and not just because it’s one of the worst-performing districts in the state.
You want to know why we questioned that gigantic raise?
Have a look for yourself at the number of kids enrolled in three Northern Kentucky districts – including Covington:
- Kenton County student enrollment 13,907
- Boone County student enrollment 18,560
- Covington Independent student enrollment 3,961
Now take a look at what the supes in each district make and what they’re essentially paid per child:
- Kenton County Superintendent annual salary $140,000 or $10.06 per child
- Boone County Superintendent annual salary $175, 414 or $9.45 per child
- (With the $10K raise) Covington Superintendent annual salary $128,680 or $32.48 per child
Now do you get it?