Rand Paul’s Wife Appears In Latest Ad

October 29th, 2010 · 11 Comments

Rand Paul’s wife appears in his latest ad:

Seriously? Come on, Paul camp. Run something better than that, please. I’m sure she’s a nice woman. But. No. Don’t stick the spouse in an ad unless they’re mega-famous.

Tags: Rand Paul · Spotted

• 1 Richie'sMustache // Oct 29, 2010 at 9:12 am

I like the ad! I think it will resonate with women voters that Jack Conway is trying to scare the hell out of!

• 2 FactFace // Oct 29, 2010 at 9:21 am

I am a woman, and I don’t like the ad. She seems as fake as her husband.

• 3 I'm just saying... // Oct 29, 2010 at 10:09 am

She is attractive and looks very normal. The kids all look good too. It’s a good final ad. It says… I am a safe normal person… I am not a witch or scary crazy person that stomps womens heads. I’d give it a solid B. And with a 5+ point lead you don’t need to swing for the seats.

• 4 Richie'sMustache // Oct 29, 2010 at 10:19 am

FactFace,

I smell jealousy… hahahaha She’s a fake, she’s way skinnier than me! LOL!

• 5 FactFace // Oct 29, 2010 at 10:27 am

@Ritchie’s Mustache: LMBO! No, I am not jealous, and I am not fat. I agree she’s an attractive lady and the kids are just dolls, but she just doesn’t come across as ‘real’ to me – just my personal opinion. I also don’t see the point in getting her involved.

• 6 spinnikerca // Oct 29, 2010 at 11:14 am

I don’t go for the ‘this will resonate with female voters’ type junk. But I do think people are sick of negative ads in this race, and sad as it is that a positive ad will be what ‘cuts through the clutter’ this year, I do believe this will. And I think the DPK ad will backfire big time, and this as a foil will help it do so.

I’d like him to run the ‘Rand’s Plan’ ad again, as well, though. Tell people again why he’s worth voting for, or part of it.

• 7 Davi // Oct 29, 2010 at 11:18 am

It’s very much on the saccharine side but that’s what Ky. will fall for. The wife speaks because she is a Kentuckian, contrary to her husband, and she also serves as “testimony” to his perfection. Unbiased perfection! It’s a pretty picture.

• 8 TJ // Oct 29, 2010 at 11:54 am

She will be famous… Great ad.

• 9 Anonymous // Oct 29, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Sad to say it is a good, safe ad for Paul. Look at this lovely, normal woman who choose to raise a family with me. I’m not scary. I’m normal. I married June Cleaver.

• 10 Anon // Oct 29, 2010 at 1:26 pm

she’s very attractive.

however, i think when she says the first few words, the pitch of her voice is way too high. does anyone feel the same way? i feel it can give a voter a bad impressions just a few seconds after the ad starts.

• 11 The Dude // Oct 29, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Nice, safe, well-produced ad. Might should have reconsidered putting the would-be senator in shorty pants though.