This Just In…

August 31st, 2010 · 16 Comments

David Williams and Richie Farmer will make an announcement in Frankfort tomorrow morning at 11:00 A.M.

I guess Reeeechie is gonna play, coach.

(The news comes from – as I predicted – Scott Jennings)

Tags: David L. Williams · Election 2011 · Richie Farmer

• 1 Jerry Greer // Aug 31, 2010 at 7:06 pm

David Willliams will bully the state workers under. The worse pick of any out there bring back Gatewwod.

• 2 jake // Aug 31, 2010 at 7:18 pm

Surely you’re not from THE Elmo Greer & Sons?

Of Elmo Greer money laundering infamy?

• 3 RyeHill // Aug 31, 2010 at 7:22 pm

How they gonna win this election? BLUE Backgrounds and Basketball Logos!

• 4 Hello I Must Be Going // Aug 31, 2010 at 7:25 pm

Gentlemen, start your engines on those horse vans getting ready to leave the state of Kentucky for Pennsylvania and New York.

• 5 jake // Aug 31, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Hello: That started when Steve Beshear couldn’t get expanded gambling through not once, not twice – but three times.

• 6 Mark H (Not Hebert) // Aug 31, 2010 at 8:30 pm

The worst part about this ticket is that this will guarantee that this state will continue down the bubba path of bass-akwards of county rule.

I never thought papaw and Jerry would look progressive. When will we ever wake the hell up as a state and try to get beyond our county fiefdoms where the apex of of economic achievement is a 4-year local road construction project.

• 7 le gardien de but // Aug 31, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Wishful thinking–Pawpaw & happy pants not winning the party’s nomination…
    Gatewood has some great ideas about solving Kentucky’s budget problems…

• 8 Crutnacker // Aug 31, 2010 at 10:06 pm

In a perfect world, Ritchie would run as Governor with his mustache as his running mate.

Every time I see David Williams on TV I feel the need to spray hand sanitizer over my entire body. He’s the type of guy that makes used car salesmen walk the other way.

Honestly though, this is a great ticket to lead Kentucky into the 1970′s.

• 9 jake // Aug 31, 2010 at 10:10 pm

Well, we ARE in the 1960s currently.

1964, specifically.

• 10 Anonymous // Aug 31, 2010 at 10:55 pm

Cractnacker, I think you might have mistyped that date in, didn’t you mean 1870′s?

• 11 FreemannKy // Sep 1, 2010 at 12:09 am

Mustache Wednesday just got kicked up a notch!

• 12 observer // Sep 1, 2010 at 12:21 am

ok with the blue and white and basketball log between their names…doesn’t that just seem to say yes, that’s why we want you to vote for us because richie played ball at uk? then they’ll feign indignation when you question his qualifications…is it because he has none? what a joke!!!

• 13 FreemannKy // Sep 1, 2010 at 7:52 am

Observer, what does the Lt. Gov. do? Other than being a Constitutional position I’ve not seen much of anything that the position actually is used for.

• 14 Suzanne // Sep 1, 2010 at 8:23 am

So I was thinking that now I will have to vote for Beshear, but then a coworker pointed out that if Williams won, it would get him out of the Senate. Hmmmm.

• 15 Bobbye Ann // Sep 1, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Suzanne,
    I am not sure, but if Williams runs does he not have to resign from the Senate first? Anyway I can’t believe the nerve of this poor excuse of a representive of KY. He should have been run out of town instead of running for another office!

• 16 wondering // Sep 1, 2010 at 4:34 pm

Other than his opposition to casino gambling, I’ve never understood why there is so much hatred for Williams other than the fact that he is a Republican. What specifically has he done to tick so many people off?