Don’t like the language? Then you aren’t capable of confronting reality.
What happens when you combine old age, senility and all-around assholery? You get Jim Bunning, the bigoted Repulican who has taken it upon himself to single-handedly starve everybody and their mother.
BUNNING IN HIS NATURAL ENVIRONMENT
Here’s a fancy video of Bunning’s objection:
To answer some questions in the video: McConnell’s already said he supports an extension of the benefits. Trey Grayson and Rand Paul, on the other hand, have publicly stated that they stand against an extension in support of Bunning.
Here’s a sampling of the news:
- Jim Bunning isn’t just crazy, he’s screwing millions of Americans and thousands of Kentuckians. [Huffington Post]
- Ray LaHood is not having this Jim Bunning mess. Nor should we. [DOT]
- The Herald-Leader isn’t having it. [H-L]
- Politico isn’t having it. [Politico]
- The New York Times isn’t having it. [Here & Here]
- Jim Bunning is responsible for 2,000+ federal furloughs today. [Enquirer]
- Trey Grayson and Rand Paul don’t care about Kentuckians. [DSCC via Joe Arnold]
- Get your hobo beans ready, unemployed and broke Kentuckians. Jim Bunning’s going to starve you to death. [Wonkette]
It’s not helping matters to hear that Bunning reportedly flew into Covington on Friday night on a private jet. So as to avoid the poor, broke and starving commoners, we assume.