Now We’re Selfish and Don’t Think Or More On Martin Cothran’s Secretly Dirty Obsession With Us

February 26th, 2009 · 7 Comments

When will Martin Cothran realize he is eating out of the palm of our hand? He must not realize that it’s contagious.

Read his latest regurgitation from 1955:

I’ve gotten into the argument about gay pedophilia before, openly wondering how people like Jake can criticize the Catholic Church for doing too little to reprimand priests for sexually abusing children and at the same time totally ignoring the fact that most of the children abused by abusive male priests were boys. What you get a is a ludicrous response that such male on male sexual abuse doesn’t count as homosexual abuse.

Finally, you just realize that reason and fact just don’t matter to the gay rights crowd, and that all that matters is political ideology. Evidence has absolutely no role in their thinking about such things.

And, yes, there are some of us who are uncomfortable with putting children in the types of homes that have a demonstrably a high incidence of domestic abuse. If Jake disputes that this assertion also applies to gays, then his argument is not with me but with gay organizations that say it themselves.

To say that as a matter of state policy, we’re going to place children, many of whom have already been abused, in situations that lend themselves to abuse just so we can kowtow to gay rights groups is utterly and shamefully selfish.

Here’s a hint for Marty: When you’re making an argument, try not to prove us right by contradicting yourself.

And in other news… How hilarious is it that this closet case is pushing absolutely fabricated horse manure about the gays being more likely abuse children than heterosexual men?

He should educate himself with a fact or two.

Tags: Discrimination · FEAR! · Hypocrisy · The Gays

• 1 johnny // Feb 26, 2009 at 5:21 pm

This guy seems to be obsessed with gay people, and spends a lot of his time bashing them. What is his problem? Maybe he likes grabbing these headlines and the popularity it gives him, but at what cost? I don’t know if this guy is a Christian or not, but it’s hypocritical how gay bashing is promoted by Christians, when Jesus taught people to love, and to side with the oppressed. Not allowing gay couples to adopt children is ridiculous, especially considering its 2009.

• 2 Joe Sonka // Feb 26, 2009 at 6:01 pm

Why can’t we at least have intelligent conservatives to fight with? It’s just not fair…

• 3 stevo // Feb 27, 2009 at 11:12 pm

“… gay bashing is promoted by Christians…”

Actually, gay bashing is looked down upon by most Christians because it simply causes more division.

“… Jesus taught people to love, and to side with the oppressed.”

Are you inferring that gays are oppressed? You don’t know much about the Bible if that is what you take away from it. According to scripture, homosexuality is a direct result of sin. When did Jesus teach his followers to side with people who are blinded by sin?

• 4 jake // Feb 27, 2009 at 11:34 pm

Um, that’s YOUR interpretation of “sin”….

Most of us around here couldn’t give two shits about the bible or Jesus or anything, so… you’re probably wasting your time.

• 5 stevo // Feb 28, 2009 at 11:29 am

1) I’m not the one who brought up Jesus.
    2) I never said it was my interpretation.
    3) I was only proving johnny’s statement invalid and false.

If you people don’t give two shits about Jesus, stop using Christianity to argue against Christians. It’s just as pointless as me saying gays are wrong because they are gay.

• 6 jake // Feb 28, 2009 at 11:57 am

1) You brought up “sin”
    2) You wrote it
    3) That’s your opinion.

Don’t like it? Don’t read it.

• 7 stevo // Mar 3, 2009 at 12:38 pm

1) I only brought up sin because johnny brought up Jesus.
    2) I wrote it because that’s what a significant portion of the American population believes.
    3) When did logic become subject to opinion?

“Don’t like it? Don’t read it.”

I am trying to imagine what would happen if everyone thought that way… and I don’t think it would be very good. Disagreement is good, ignorance is not. I will keep reading, if you don’t mind.